Saturday, September 11, 2010

Apparel Company Project

One of the projects i worked on last fall for an apparel industry and fashion illustration class was developing out own individual companies. We had to come up with a company name, target market, business plan, 6 garment illustrations, technical flats, and fabric samples.

I have always had a love for history and period clothing, so i decided to create my company with this theme in mind. I wanted to take different time periods/eras in history and modernize them; make them a little edgy. I came up with the name, B.C....HERSTORY...A.D.   The first line i came up with and illustrated was inspired by Roman Gladiators and ancient Greece. I drew upon the movies Gladiator and Troy for my inspiration. I wanted this line to be geared toward strong, independent woman who want to make a statement. So I played a lot with different textures. I love the juxtaposition of leather, and different types of hardware, with soft fabrics like chiffon, silk, etc. 

Here are the illustrations with flats, and fabric samples. Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest.

Company Name and Label
Inspiration (Gladiator and Troy)








leather bodice with metal snaps,
swede caplet with leather strips that snap
 onto bodice, medium weight linen type pants 


White leather bodice with removable
shoulder strap, swede  skirt with
 decorative stitching in the shape of arches 


Patchwork swede or leather bodice, deep V in back.
Shoulder straps are thin leather strips and
are looped through metal circles. Skirt is a brocade.





Knit turtleneck, textured red cape w/ leather strap. Bottom-weight pants that fall about mid-calf



Red swede bustier that clasps down the front,
Brown sheer top gathered around the bust,
lower half is a nice knit. Skirt is a flowy bottom-weight



Knit top, textured vest with removable
shoulder decorations , white leather pants







Alternate fabric swatches


1 comment:

  1. WOW, thats the first time I see something from ur collection :) and I really like it :) good work! When u have some spare time u should design something for me ;) hehe...

    Love and miss you <3

    ReplyDelete